Why buy Short-Term Medical (STM)?
Short-term medical (STM) insurance plans are designed to bridge gaps in health care coverage. These plans provide the insured with a sense of safety while transitioning from one life event to another without health coverage. They offer the security of coverage and provide protection from catastrophic and unexpected healthcare emergencies.
STM is ideal for the following:
- Individuals waiting on approval of major medical coverage
- Individuals transitioning between jobs or looking for an affordable substitute for COBRA
- College students or recent graduates
- Retired individuals under age 65 that are waiting on Medicare
- Young adults no longer covered under parent’s plan or where the cost of coverage has become too expensive
- Senior citizens returning from living abroad
- Coverage for children
*** When considering a STM plan, it is important to keep in mind that these types of plans do not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and do not cover pre-existing conditions.